- Sacramento, CA, USA
- Full Time
Walter R. McDonald & Associates, Inc. (WRMA) currently has an opening for a Business Analyst to work on a project in Sacramento, California. We are looking someone with a strong design and
testing background, including logical data model experience or use case analysis.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of relevant work
- Knowledge of child welfare practices and California's child
welfare program, a plus.
- Ability to translate child welfare practices and processes
into requirements and design for automation.
- Experience facilitating user group discussions and
documentation session results.
- Knowledge to define test cases, perform tests, and report
results of system testing.
- Ability to define data reporting requirements, evaluate
database requirements, and test reports.
- Basic understanding of interface technology and ability to
define and document system interface requirements.
- Proficient in Word
- Elicits and documents user requirements for new systems and system enhancements; documents functional and technical requirements.
- Completes change management documentation and coordinates approvals according to departmental procedures.
- Collaborates with information technology staff to ensure requirements are met throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Conducts interviews, performs workflow analysis, documents scope and objectives, and participates in design sessions.
- Researches commercial software to identify products that might meet departmental requirements; analyzes and documents products' ability to meet user, functional, and technical requirements.
- Evaluates impact of solution alternatives, performs cost/benefit analysis, analyzes constraints, and assesses risk to support go/no go and build/buy decision-making.
- Prepares detailed specifications, addressing scope and boundaries of the system, data requirements, algorithms, user functions, forms and reports, workflow, interfaces, security, audit trails, and business continuity requirements.
- Develops and maintains implementation and conversion plans.
- Develops and implements training and test plans.
- Assists in development and maintenance of project plans; assists in coordinating project reporting.
- Develops test scenarios; prepares user acceptance test documentation; collaborates with system users to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Prepares user manuals and online help.
- Monitors system compliance with established IT policies, procedures, guidelines, plans and standards.
- Performs analysis to help resolve application problems.
- May collaborate with other technical staff to perform unit testing, integration testing, production simulation and load testing, and network testing.
- Define data reporting requirements, evaluate database requirements, and test reports.
Working at WRMA can provide for a very fulfilling and rewarding career. The contributions our employees make to our mission of improving the lives of children and families are invaluable to us. We offer opportunities for personal growth, competitive salaries, and a generous benefit package.
HOW TO APPLY
You may start the application process by filling out the information below or use LinkedIn to get started.
WRMA is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!